I have been blogging now for almost a year and a half, and while I’m not the best at writing and I often go off on little tangents about the least important things, I liked to think (read: hope) that some of you enjoy the little peeks into my life that I give you. Well today that hope was realised, as I was given the Liebster Award for my blog!
The Liebster Award is an award given by bloggers to bloggers, to create a nice blogging community and help us smaller, lesser
spotted known blogs get off the ground a little more. It’s called an award but is really a big chain of friendly loveliness and blogger appreciation!
I was nominated by my beautiful Canadian bestie, Brittany, who has a fab blog, full of interesting stories about her life in South Korea, and information about the country as well. She also did a really good post a few months ago about her best travel tips which was completely spot-on. Go read her blog! You’ll love it. (She’s also funny as hell. That’s why I love her.)
11 Facts about Me:
1. I am a very accepting and open-minded person, but I get very nervous at the thought of meeting new people.
2. I am deathly afraid of wasps and bees, leading me to have a mini heart attack any time a flying insect comes near me in the summer.
3. I’m not even allergic to wasps or bees.
4. I get very emotional when thinking about certain memories. One such memory is that of my time at the University of Seoul International Summer School, and when I think about it I get really happy and really sad at the same time, and can often spend a week or two constantly reminiscing about it.
5. I have a kind of addictive personality. Once, after my sister taught me how to make scrambled eggs in the microwave, I had scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast, lunch and dinner for about three days in a row and now I can’t think about scrambled eggs on toast without feeling a little bit ill.
6. I really hate peas.
7. My aspiration to be an ESL teacher is only very recent, but my teaching placement in Paris has solidified my desire to teach abroad in the future.
8. Like my nominee, I also like taking selfies (and often spend lots of time trying to get the perfect photo), but I get nervous about people thinking they’re stupid so I chicken out just before posting them about 80% of the time.
9. I love Instagram and post at least one photo every day.
10. I hold on to relationships for a long time after they’re over (that includes friendships).
11. I guess that’s because I don’t like change very much.
1. How many countries have you been to? (Layovers count!)
– If layovers count, then I have been to 10 countries! England, Wales, France, Spain, Andorra, Portugal, The Netherlands, Austria, South Korea and Japan. Without layovers, I have only been to 8 – Japan and The Netherlands were both stopovers in my journey to and from South Korea. (Also I think I cheated a bit separating the UK into it’s smaller countries, but I’ve never been to Scotland so I wanted to specify!)
2. Where do you see yourself in five years?
– I’m pretty sure I’ll be abroad, somewhere. If all goes well and I really enjoy living in South Korea, then possibly still in South Korea. If not, then some other country in Asia, or possibly South America. Or Paris! I love Paris! But it really depends on what I do and who I meet along the way…
3. What’s your favourite song right now?
– My favourite song right now is by my favourite artist Brandon Flowers. It’s called ‘Can’t Deny My Love’ and is from his new album which is coming out in a couple of weeks time. I have tickets to see him in concert at the end of May and I’m super excited!
4. How old is your oldest friendship?
– My oldest friendship, not including my family of course, is almost as old as me. I met a girl called Ellie (I don’t know if she reads my blog, but if you do, hey Ellie!) before I even started primary school and although it’s been a few years since we last saw each other (and the last time we met was by coincidence in a shop!) I still consider us friends, and her my oldest friend. We are planning to meet up once I am back in England this summer.
5. Do you sleep with any stuffed toys?
– Funny, I was talking about this with my colleagues at work today! I don’t sleep with a stuffed toy, no, but I do still have one from when I was a baby. I threw away (well, mum threw away) all my others as a grew up, but my Bunny has always survived and always will. He smells like home and happiness.
6. What do you do for a living?
– If you ask the government, I am a full time student, but I am currently on a paid work placement as an English teacher at one of the Paris offices of HSBC. I teach English to the adults here and I really love it!
7. What do you want to do for a living?
– Exactly what I’m doing now, being an ESL teacher, though I currently have my mind set on going back to South Korea and teaching English there, hopefully to high school students, or, if there is any possible way, to university age students. (Teaching adults has made me realise I want to teach older people, if possible, but I still need to do some research on if I can do that in Korea. If not then I will still be happy to teach kids – I love the rewarding feeling of teaching people, whoever and however old those people are.)
8. What’s your favourite day of the week?
– Thursday. It’s Friday tomorrow and I love the feeling of knowing that tomorrow is the last day of the work week, and knowing that you have two and a bit days ahead of you left over just for fun things!
9. What’s the easiest way to make you smile?
– Bad jokes and cheesy chat up lines. Or just smile at me. I always smile back. 🙂
10. What’s the easiest way to make you mad?
– Be an ignorant person. Ignorance makes me super angry, always.
11. What’s your favourite social network site to use?
– This is a tough one! I like Facebook because it means I can share lots of things with my fiends and family, but my favourite is probably Instagram. I love looking at photos, taking photos and sharing my photos. I like to think that people enjoy seeing my photos of Paris and all the other exciting places I go to.
So I have read the official rules of the Liebster Award, and it says I can nominate between 5 and 11 people for this award. Here are my nominees!
Sophie: My friend from university who has a great blog all about her life studying in New York! She goes to the theatre a lot and gives some insight as to what it’s like being an English
man girl in New York.
Harry: She is a a lifestyle blogger living in London and writes some of the best posts I have read! She does some really exciting things and makes me want to do lots of fun things in Birmingham once my placement year is over. She also has a great sense of humour which comes through in her writing.
Danielle: My wonderful friend from when we were back at school whose lifestyle blog is all about animal cruelty free beauty, veggie and vegan food, travel and music (most notably her band Kermes!).
Isabel: A blog I have recently discovered, by a fellow languages student from the UK who is also in Paris! Her blog is pretty and her photos are wonderful!
Jazmine: So Brittany nominated her but I figured two nominations will show her just how much her blog is appreciated! This beautiful women writes wonderfully and her thoughts on life as a twenty-something-year-old are great to read and very insightful.
1. Where is your favourite place in the entire world? Why?
2. What is your favourite kind of blog to read?
3. What was the last thing you ate that you really, seriously enjoyed?
4. Do you have an irrational fear?
5. Have you ever met anyone famous? Who? If not, who would you like to meet?
6. What was the last book that you read?
7. If you had to choose between a skirt/dress or trousers for the rest of your life which would you choose? Why?
8. If you could teleport to anywhere in the world right now where would you go?
9. Which is the best Spice Girl?
10. What makes you happy?
11. Why did you start your blog?
- Thank and link back to the person(s) who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominee asked.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.
- Notify the bloggers you chose for the award.
- Make a list of 11 different questions for your nominees to answerKeep the chain of blogger appreciation going! (*Flashbacks to 2007 and all those chain emails.*)
And that’s it! A big, warm love-filled thank you again to Brittany for nominating me. I love you (and your blog) girl!
I hope you all enjoyed getting to know a little more about me, and I hope you find more interesting blogs through the Liebster Award.
Until next time,